Saturday, August 7, 2010

Santa Cruz Futbol Celebration!

For our last night Bruno, LaRissa and Kleython took us to the Santa Cruz futbol match in Recife. We had asked earlier in the trip if we could attend a soccer match. They told us later in the trip they had the perfect night, our last night in Brazil. We were so excited. We stopped at the team store before entering the seating area. I bought a cool t-shirt that I put on to wear during the game. As for the game it turned out to be exciting in the end. I was a little concerned because Santa Cruz started off slow. However they really turned it on in the second half. The final score was 2-0, Santa Cruz. We enjoyed chating and cheering the home team on. They have a new fan living in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Santa Cruz for life, just as the shirt says.



Chris and I at the game.



That poor guy in the front. Not sure who he was.







 

The crew after the Santa Cruz victory






After the game we met in the lobby to say our final goodbye. It was really hard saying goodbye to everyone of our Brazilian friends. I feel like I have gained so many new friends from the great country of Brazil. They truly treated us with amazing hospitality. I ensured them that they will always have a place to stay in Virginia. I hope we can meet again in the future. For I feel like I have a lot to repay them for. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for our hosts. It never ceases to amaze me how gracious people can be. As I wrote last year, "traveling reaffirms my faith in mankind. People are good at heart and want to help others."
Once again I have learned so much about myself and Brazil.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,

    Alright, I finally finished reading your blog--thanks for putting it up on the news way back when. Now I have a hankering to go to Brazil! Really enjoyed your posts about local history/culture, even the port town. :-)

    Sarah Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this is one of the so much significant information for me.
    And i'm satisfied reading your article. However want to statement on few common issues, The site taste is ideal, the articles is in point of fact nice : D. Just right job, cheers

    Here is my webpage :: pharmacy technician school

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this is one of the so much significant information for me.
    And i'm satisfied reading your article. However want to statement on few common issues, The site taste is ideal, the articles is in point of fact nice : D. Just right job, cheers

    my webpage pharmacy technician school

    ReplyDelete